We're teaming up with cook, author and stylish foodie Anna Barnett to celebrate World Gin Day on Saturday 13th June! She will be hosting a live cook-along on her Instagram profile, @annabarnettcooks, where you'll have the chance to create an exclusive new recipe.
Join Anna at 6pm to cook up Drunken Apricots with Meringue & Citrus Cream, made using our very own Marmalade Gin.
Slingsby Marmalade Gin contains tasting notes of orange citrus, tangerine flavours and crisp grapefruit, whilst the Yorkshire Marmalade provides a beautifully sweet finish. These delicious flavours will be present in the recipe with the apricots roasted and infused with the gin.
The recipe serves 4, takes 15 minutes to prep and 25 minutes to cook. For those cooking along at home, here's the list of ingredients you will need to create the dish.
- Six apricots – halved
- One orange – zested and juice added
- Two generous slugs of Slingsby Marmalade Gin
- Vanilla pod – halved and scraped out – all added
- Two tbsp honey
- Five-six sprigs of fresh thyme
- Several turns of black pepper
- Four meringue nests – crumbled
- 600ml double cream
- One-Two tsp orange blossom
- One tsp vanilla bean paste – or use remaining half of pod
- Zest of half an orange
- Two heaped tbsp of icing sugar – or to taste
- Several sprigs of mint – leaves picked
- Sprig of fresh thyme
So top up your glass and join us at the live cook-along with Anna Barnett to celebrate World Gin Day!